There are many astonishing places in the world, WHERE YOU CAN GO ON HOLIDAY. But vast majority of these are underrated because of more popular destinations. This article is a presentation of untypical places worth visiting.
- Cheddar Gorge (Somerset, England) – if you like Polish Jurassic Highland, you’ll love this limestone gorge; beautiful landscapes and caves exploration are only a few tourist attractions of this place.
- White Cliffs of Dover (Kent, England) – immortalized by Słowacki’s „Kordian” town of Dover is famous for its magnificent chalk cliffs; sometimes, thanks to the good weather, you can look across the English Channel and see the coast of France.
- Minack Theatre (Cornwall, England) – it may look like Minack Theatre was raised in Ancient Times, but it was built in 1930’s; cultural events are held there from Easter to September.
- Castle Stalker (Scotland) – built in 14th century Castle Stalker is located near town of Port Appin; it’s also one of the places, where film „Monty Python and the Holy Grail” was shot.
- Giant’s Causeway (County Antrim, Northern Ireland) – this marvelous coastline, made of hexagonal, basalt columns is regarded as one of the natural wonders of the U.K.
- Rainbow Bridge National Monument (Utah, United States) – made of sandstone Rainbow Bridge is often regarded as the world’s highest natural bridge (13 m).
- Hamilton Pool Preserve (Texas, United States) – a natural pool surrounded by collapsed grotto and forest; incredible surroundings makes it the most unique pool in the world.
- Horsetail Fall (California, United States) – this seasonal waterfall located in Yosemite National Park is a natural phenomenon, because of the light of the setting sun, which illuminates the water in February.
- Antelope Canyon (Arizona, United States) – narrow paths and sandstone walls making people feeling tiny, the beauty of this slot canyon is also guaranteed by sunlight, which rarely dissapears from Arizona.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge (British Columbia, Canada) – simple, but amazing bridge across the Capilano River; if you are afraid of heights just focus on the woods surrounding the bridge.
- Jasper National Park’s Icefields Parkway (Alberta, Canada) – this is a great place for admiring glaciers of Rocky Mountains; breathtaking views provided.
- Shark Bay (Gascoyne, Australia) – not only Eastern Australia has interesting places to visit; exceptional fauna and flora and stunning views of the bay have been appreciated even by
- Lake Hillier (Goldfields-Esperance, Australia) – the main thing which is noticeable about this lake is its colour; the pink water is possible thanks to algaes which are living in the lake.
- Mount Ngauruhoe (New Zealand) – apart from being a mountain Ngauruhoe is also an active volcano; it was used in Peter Jackson’s „The Lord of the Rings” film trilogy as a stand-in for Mount Doom.
- Putangirua Pinnacles (New Zealand) – geological formation located in a valley in the Aorangi Ranges; it also appeared in Peter Jackson’s film adaptations of Tolkien’s „The Lord of the Rings”
Sources of photos: TripAdvisor, CNN, Youtube, meteoprog.pl
Written by Kacper Górak IIIB.